Open letter to the Seniors

Respected seniors,
It was your farewell today, marking the culmination of your journey as a student of this institution and I must say that you all have made us proud and I wish you all the very best in all your future endeavours. Whatever be the case, you will have us at your back supporting you no matter what.

Although I could go on and on about future I wish to talk to you about the present or the immediate future that stares us in the face. Soon you will be leaving the campus taking different paths that the life may have in store for you and we will be left there to take your place and this scares the hell out of me. How will we ever match up to you, how will we find that exactly right blend of friendship and mentorship that our juniors will expect of us.

I remember you sharing our joys and worries like the very best of our friends and yet when we erred you were there to guide us. You laughed at the silliest of our jokes (and vice versa of course) and disciplined us with the choicest words, full of sarcasm or occasional bluntness. I fear I won’t be able to strike that balance that you so easily mastered.

I remember you being so approachable that problems were discussed with you long before they came up with peers who were actually involved. And you handled it so delicately that it seemed like child’s play to navigate the labyrinth of college life. You made me feel more like a friend of yours rather than a junior. I fear I may not be so welcoming and fail to play my part in helping my subordinates when they might need it.

I remember you always having an answer to all my queries (academic and otherwise). It did not matter what branch you studied or what place you were from, your answers made more sense to me than someone who shared my background.

So as you might have obviously guessed from this rather long, boring letter written by a worrying insomniac, I fear a lot for the responsibilities that will soon be expected of me and for the last time before you leave this campus as students, I ask you for the solution for the one last problem that eludes my mind. Guide me in this final problem, so that when the doubt arises, I won’t be left with a loss of words but could lend a hand and help others just as you helped me.

P.S. : Couldn't help but add these
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review - Neither A Hawk Nor a Dove

My Spoilt Communist Son!

Stalker Diaries – Unfinished stories in the era of Facebook